Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas broken into small pieces
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Saute garlic and onions about 3 mins. Add chicken, chili powder and cumin and cook another minute.
Add tomatoes (with juice), beans, broth, corn, diced chilies, lime juice and 1 cup water to the pan; season with salt and pepper.
Bring soup to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add broken up tortillas and cook until tortillas have dissolved.